Bio Controller - II
Effaa's Bio-Controller - II is a carefully formulated product made
using Trichoderma viride & Paecilomyces lilacinus.
Mode of Action :
- The fungus Trichoderma viride antagonise plant pathogenic fungi by
production of lytic enzymes like chitinases which rupture the host hyphae.
- These enzymes are produced when it come in contact with plant
pathogenic fungi. This results in extensive vacuolation, collapse, shrinking
and subsequent disintegration of hyphae of the pathogenic fungi.
- It produces proteases and lipases which digest internal components of hy
phae of plant pathogenic fungi. It can utilize the plant pathogenic fungi as
- It produces water-soluble diffusible antibiotics which account for death of
plant pathogenic fungi
- Normally, nematodes have slender, cylindrical, non-segmented bodies tapering towards the
head and tail, but females of some of the plant-parasitic species assume varying forms, such as pear, lemon or
- They are called plant-parasitic because of the nutrients they get from plants with a needle-like structure called
stylet, which is used to pierce plant cells to get food.
- Nematophagous fungi Paecilomyces lilacinus infect nematodes by forming special morphological structures
like sticky mycelial networks or rings.
- When a nematode, intent upon searching for roots and other small edible particles, enters one of the rings, the
cells of the ring are sensitized and the nematodes are caught by lectin binding with the rings.
- When a nematode enters the network of loops it is held by a very strong "glue" and is unable to escape. In both
cases, the captured worm first struggles wildly and then seems to become still.
- The fungus then sends its filaments into the worm and digests it. When it has obtained sufficient nutrients from its
prey the fungus reproduces by producing clusters of conidia at the tops of long conidiophores.
- During the infection of nematodes, fungi penetrate the surface (cuticle) of the nematode and digest the internal
tissues of the host.
- The nematode cuticle is composed of proteins including collagen and proteolytic enzymes have an important role
during the penetration. These fungi parasitize vermiform adult or larval nematodes, and parasitize eggs, or cysts.
Benefits of using Effaa's Bio-Controller - II:
Seed treatment with Effaa's Bio-Controller -II provides a protective zone around the seeds and protect it against
the pathogenic fungus.
- It helps plants in better germination, early emergence and better root development.
- It protects the plant root from the attack of the nematodes very efficiently.
- There is no other efficient biological method available to control the nematodes or soil borne insects.
- Extremely safe to mammals, humans, natural parasites and predators, non-target insects, fishes and birds.
- It is generally classified as Class – IV, low hazardous (green label) bio-pesticide.
- No Phytotoxicity and exempted from residue analysis.
Microbial counts :
1 X 10 CFU / ml (Min) of the liquid of each of the fungus.
Target Pests :
- Spores of Trichoderma viride controls root and stem rots caused by Schlerotina and Rhizoctonia,
Wilts caused by Fusarium & Verticillium, Blights / leaf spots caused by Alternaria, Ascochyta,
Cercospora, Macrophomina, Myrothecium & Ramularia and other Fungal diseases like Anthracnose.
- Paecilomyces lilacinus is highly active on Root knot nematodes – Meloldogyne spp, Cyst
nematodes – Heterodera spp., Reniform nematodes and Stunt nematodes.
Target Crops :
All types of vegetables & leafy vegetable plants, fruit plants, sesame, mustard, sugarcane, rice, cotton,
tobacco, flower crops, coffee, tea, eucalyptus, groundnuts, soyabean, pulses, beans, potato, oil palm,
maize, sorghum and ornamental plants etc.
Seed treatment :
Prepare a solution by mixing 25ml of Effaa's Bio-Controller II with 100ml of water.
- Mix Effaa's Bio-Controller II solution with 1 Kg of seeds.
- Mix well and leave for atleast 3 hours, then dry the seeds and use for sowing.
Root treatment :
Prepare a solution by mixing 100ml of Effaa's Bio-Controller II with 1 liter of water in a clean container and
leave the solution for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours dip the roots of the baby plants for 30 minutes and then do the planting.
Soil fertigation :
- Mix Effaa's Bio-Controller II with water at the rate of 4 ml per 1 liter of water (2 liter in 500 liters of water) and
add 50 grams of yeast /100 gm jaggery per 100 liters of water.
- Keep the Effaa's Bio-Controller II mix for atleast 6 hours and then use for application.
- Drench the soil on the furrows before sowing or planting.
- The application can be repeated at an interval of 40 to 45 days depending upon the emergence of diseases in
- In case of orchards 1 application after harvest is completed and mulching & pruning for the new season is finished.
Drip irrigation :
- Prepare a solution of mixing 2 liters of the Effaa's Bio-Controller II in 20 liters of water and add 1 gram of yeast
/ 1 gm jaggery per 1 liter of water.
- Then mix or inject Effaa's Bio-Controller II solution into the irrigation system at the rate of 5 liters per 1000 liters
- Follow the application timings as mentioned above.
The application mentioned are a general recommendation but the application timings can vary according
to each crop and also according to the emergence of disease or pest or insects in the soil and plants.
2 to 3 liters per hectare per application. The dosage may vary according the soil & crop conditions and also
according to the emergence and severity of disease or pest or insects in the soil and plants.
- Effaa's Bio-Controller II is not compatible with any other Chemical fungicides or pesticides.
- Effaa's Bio-Controller II is compatible with bio-fungicides, bio-pesticides and other natural plant extracts like
seaweed or aloe vera supplied by us.
Shelf life :
2 years, when stored in well ventilated, cool and dry place at temperatures not exceeding 300° C.
- Do not mix with Chemical fertilizers or chemical fungicides or pesticides or weedicides or herbicides.
- An interval of 10 days is required between application of Bio-fertilizers and Chemical fertilizers or fungicides or pesticides.
- Effaa's Bio-Controller II should be used fully, once the container is opened. Otherwise closed air tight and stored in a
refrigerator or in temperatures below 5° C.