Bio Pestiside Combo
Effaa's Bio-Pesticide Combo is an unique formulation made using Beauvaria bassiana, Verticillium lacanii, Metarhizium anisoplae & Paecilomyces
Mode of Action :
- Beauveria bassiana produces spores that are resistant to environmental extremes and are the infective stage of the fungal life cycle.
- The spores (called conidia in this case) infect directly through the outside of the insect's skin.
- Under favorable temperature and moisture conditions, a conidium (singular of "conidia") adhering to the host cuticle will germinate.
- The fungal hypha growing from the spore secretes enzymes which attack and dissolve the cuticle, allowing it to penetrate the skin and grow into the insect body.
- Once inside the insect it produces a toxin called Beauvericin that weakens the host's
- When conditions are favorable the fungus will grow through the softer parts of the insect's body, producing
the characteristic "white bloom" appearance.
- Relative humidity must be 92% or more for B. bassiana to grow outside the insect.
- These external hyphae produce conidia that ripen and are released into the environment, completing the cycle
and eventually killing the infected pest.
- Verticillium lecanii is a common pathogen of scale insects in tropical and subtropical climates.
- It is known as a "white-halo" fungus because of the white mycelial growth on the edges of infected scale insects.
- The conidia (spores) are slimy and attach to the cuticle of insects. The fungus infects insects by producing hyphae
from germinating spores that penetrate the insect's integument; the fungus then destroys the internal contents and
the insect dies.
- The fungus eventually grows out through the cuticle and sporulates on the outside of the body.
- Infected insects appear as white to yellowish cottony particles. However, due to environmental conditions, there
may be some considerable lag time from infection to death of insects.
- It works best at temperatures of 15 to 30°C and a relative humidity of 85 to 90%. The fungus needs high humidity
for at least 10 to 12 hours.
- Metarhizium anisopliae is categorized as a green muscardine fungus due to the green color of the sporulating
- It has been reported to infect approximately 200 species of insects and other arthropods.
- It generally enters insects through spiracles and pores in the sense organs.
- Once inside the insect, the fungus produces a lateral extension of hyphae, which eventually proliferate and
consume the internal contents of the insect. Hyphal growth continues until the insect is filled with mycelia.
- When the internal contents have been consumed, the fungus breaks through the cuticle and sporulates, which
makes the insect appear "fuzzy".
- It can also release spores (conidia) under low humidity conditions (lessthan 50%). In addition, it can obtain nutrition
from the lipids on the cuticle.
- The fungus can also produce secondary metabolites, such as destruxin, which have insecticidal properties on
moth and fly larvae.
Benefits of using Effaa's Bio-Pesticide Combo
- It protects the plant root from the attack of the soil borne insects and foliar insects very efficiently.
- Efficient biological method available to control such insects.
- Extremely safe to mammals, humans, natural parasites and predators, non-target insects, fishes and birds.
- It is generally classified as Class – IV, low hazardous (green label) bio-pesticide.
- No Phytotoxicity and exempted from residue analysis.
Microbial counts :
1 X 10 CFU / ml (Min) of the liquid of each of the fungus.
Target Pests :
- Beauvaria bassiana, many of the Lepidopteran caterpillars including Helicoverpa, Spodoptera,
Plutella, Borers, Hairy caterpillars, scale insects and locusts.
- Verticillium lacanii highly active on sucking pests like Scale insects, Coccus viridis, Mealy bugs, White
flies, Aphids, Thrips, Mites, Bugs, Jassids and hoppers.
- Metarhizium anisoplae highly active on White grubs, Beetle grubs, Caterpillars, Semiloopers,
Cutworms, Sucking pests like Pyrilla, Aphids, Beetles, Japanese Beetles, Red balm weevils and Termites.
Target Crops :
All types of vegetables & leafy vegetable plants, fruit plants, sesame, mustard, sugarcane, rice, cotton,
tobacco, flower crops, coffee, tea, eucalyptus, groundnuts, soyabean, pulses, beans, potato, oil palm,
maize, sorghum and ornamental plants.
Soil fertigation :
- Mix Effaa's Bio-Pesticide Combo with water at the rate of 4ml per 1 liter of water (2 liter in 500 liters
of water) and add 50 grams of yeast / 100 gm jaggery per 100 liters of water.
- Keep the mix for atleast 6 hours and then use for application.
- Drench the soil on the furrows before sowing or planting.
Foliar spray :
Pest Free Farming
- Mix Effaa's Bio-Pesticide Combo with water at the rate of 4 ml per 1 litre of water (2 liter in 500 of
water) and add 50 grams of yeast / 100 gm jaggery per 100 liters of water.
- Keep the Effaa's Bio-Pesticide Combo mix for atleast 6 hours and then use for application.
- Spray evenly on the foliage and also on the soil around the root zone.
- This first spray shall be done between 15 to 20 days after planting / sowing and repeat the spray at
an interval of 21 to 30 days.
- In case of orchards first spray 30 days after the soil application and repeat at an interval of 30 days
- Spray should be done immediately upon emergence of insects or pests.
Drip irrigation :
- Prepare a solution of mixing 2 liters of the Effaa's Bio-Pesticide Combo in 20 liters of water and add 1
gram of yeast / 1 gm jaggery per 1 liter of water.
- Then mix or inject this solution into the irrigation system at the rate of 5 liters per 1000 liters of water.
Follow the application timings as mentioned above.
The application mentioned are a general recommendation but the application timings can vary according
to each crop and also according to the emergence of disease or pest or insects in the soil and plants.
2 to 3 liters per hectare per application. The dosage may vary according to the soil & crop conditions
and also according to the emergence and severity of pest or insects in the soil and plants.
- Effaa's Bio-Pesticide is not compatible with any other Chemical fungicides or pesticides.
- Effaa's Bio-Pesticide is compatible with bio-fungicides, bio-pesticides and other natural plant extracts like
seaweed or aloe vera which again is supplied by us.
Shelf life :
2 years, when stored in well ventilated, cool and dry place at temperatures not exceeding 300° C.
- Do not mix with Chemical fertilizers or chemical fungicides or pesticides or weedicides or herbicides.
- An interval of 10 days is required between application of Bio-fertilizers and Chemical fertilizers or
fungicides or pesticides.
- Effaa's Bio-Pesticide Combo should be used fully, once the container is opened. Otherwise closed air
o tight and stored in a refrigerator or in temperatures below 5° C.